Libby U Requirements
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application.
- Must be a legal US resident, and currently reside in the United States
- Scholarship recipients will receive a redemption code to cover their cost of the 4-week WSET Level 1 Wine on-line course through Napa Valley Wine Academy and wine tasting kit (if applicable). Recipients are responsible for scheduling the course and exam during a time that works best for them.
- WSET Level 1 Scholarship funds expire at the end of 2023 (recipients who fail to enroll with NVWA prior to the end of 2023 may lose their scholarship credits).
- Applicants do not have to be working in the food and wine industry to be considered.
- Except where prohibited, if an applicant is awarded a Libby U scholarship, acceptance of the award constitutes that recipient’s will have the option to consent to Libby Wines and its agents’ use of the recipient’s name, scholarship information, likeness, photograph (including, without limitation, winner's social media profile photos), voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide. This will be discussed with each recipient on an individual basis as/if applicable and determined at the discretion of the applicant.
- By submitting an application, each applicant agrees that the application is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Libby Wines under any obligation.
- By submitting an application each applicant warrants and represents that it: a) is the applicant’s original work, and b) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. Any such applicant will indemnify and hold harmless Libby Wines from any claims to the contrary.
- As a brand that embraces and celebrates joy, diversity, and inclusivity, Libby Wines reserves the right to ensure applicants also embrace and/or uphold these values. In pursuit of this, we will exercise means for verification of age and legal residency and may review applicants’ social media accounts and/or public information. Libby Wines reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any applicant based on the results of such a review.
- Scholarships are non-transferrable and must be accessed and used by the recipient before the end of 2023.
- Libby Wines reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Libby U program, if any fraud, technical failures, human error, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the program, or any event or cause beyond Libby Wines’ control (e.g. events such as natural calamities, national emergencies, wide spread illnesses, declarations of war, acts of God, acts of terrorism) interferes with any aspect of the program, including but not limited to fulfillment of the scholarships, as determined by Libby Wines in its sole discretion.